Saturday, September 24, 2005

one step at a time.

I recently went to the Christian fellowship group at my school with some friends from my class. What we thought was going to be a bible study was more of a campaign for www.makepovertyhistory.com. We had a discussion on why poverty existed and what we can do to help. It was an interesting discussion. I began to look at my life and how blessed I am. I am able to go to college so I can get an education and have a good life when there are others who will never get the chance. I began to feel a little guilty because I feel like I don't do anything to help others. I wanted to do something, anything. I decided to sponsor a young girl from Haiti. Her name is Claudinette Saint Germain and she's 5.
Isn't she beautiful?? We're actually able to write letters back and forth to let each other know about what's going on in our lives. I'm extremely excited for what's to come. So yipee...haha.










And whoever welcomes a little child in my name welcomes me. Matt 18:5
www.compassion.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home