Monday, September 05, 2005

Ladder 49

The other night I watched the movie Ladder 49. I never realized how dangerous being a fire-fighter is. Fire-fighters risk their lives to save the life of another they don't even know. In the movie Jack, the main character, ends up dying in the fire after saving a man. I got to thinking how that man who was saved would feel. Imagine a man you don't even know died while saving your life. I know I'd be gratful then I'd start to feel guilty. That man gave his life for me so I could do what? Nothing with my life? I think I'd want to make a difference somehow so that man didn't waste his life on me.
Ok so then I really got to thinking, a man did die for me. He died for me so I could live forever. And yes, I'm grateful and the more I think about it I start to feel guilty. Jesus died for me and what have I dont with my life? Sure I've lead a few bible studies, sang on the worship team, been on leadership teams, ect. But have I really made a difference? I don't want to do these things out of routine anymore. I think it's time I dedicate my life to helping others in any way I can and actually make a difference in this world while I'm here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Naomi!

How are you? Haven't rele seen you in a while! But yah i feel the same away...i want to help make sum kind of difference! But then again i think i kinda have even if it may be a little one! See i remember when i was upset about my brother and we prayed and what not...and i remember you told em too just keep prayin and everything...so i did..and other ppl who knew about it did as well..and i told my parents that i was worried and what not..and i guess they let Jarred know..but then he was still the same but after a while he kinda changed a bit and now i think hes changed..so in some way i feel like i made a lil difference and it has ALOT to do with me talking to you and you encouraging me to keep praying and what not! So THANK-YOU SOO MUCH!!! For helpin me with it and if you prayed too thank-you for that!

Love, Jill Davis

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home